The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Indeed they did David and live-in chauffeurs were even offered with the cars they sold to Indian maharajas. I'd say his advice was very sound. 

Brake squeal tends to go hand in hand with effective braking, and is generally more of an irritation than something to worry about. I have spent large chunks of my career attempting to eliminate noise from brake systems, mainly on disc brakes which are significantly 'easier' than drum brakes. Garage mechanics tend not to worry about theory or consequences and have an annoying habit of curing these things by trial and error, and judicious application of Copperslip, which is the best advice I can give you without the resources of a test lab. Make sure things are clean - especially look for bits of embedded metal - and moving freely and 'squarely', and perhaps try things like chamfering leading or trailing edges. You may find it simply goes away with bedding /wear or when warmer weather comes along.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Chris KC - 30-03-2023, 09:40 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM