The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

Somehow the Highland Coupe is just so right. Can we all have one please?
We would be very happy to build you one, Andrew...
Over the last few days, I have been taking the rear axle out of my Ruby. The good news: everything came apart easily and the axle is now on the floor. Further good news: not a single dribble of oil had leaked out onto the brakes. The less good news: the was no oil at all in the differential itself when I tried draining it. Perhaps it has congealed over the years of standing? I shall find out when I start to strip it down.

Jamie.
I have started giving the engine for my RK saloon a quick freshen up, new silicone gaskets and a head gasket as well as a good clean out as the oil that came out was like treakle 

Quite impressed by this engine stand I picked really simple but gets its off the bench for access
    still plenty of tomatoes, cucumbers & peppers today.
I followed a van yesterday on which, in the dirt, was written : " No tomatoes kept in this van overnight. "
I saw exactly the same on a black transit in Towcester this morning!

Actually, talking of dirt, you could do the same with my Austin at the moment, I’ll have to get the bucket and sponge out...
(02-03-2023, 12:16 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I saw exactly the same on a black transit in Towcester this morning!

Actually, talking of dirt, you could do the same with my Austin at the moment, I’ll have to get the bucket and sponge out...

I washed my Seven last weekend as, once again, it looked as if I had been trialling it. Went to Wrexham and then on to Oswestry on Tuesday and it looks as if I hadn’t bothered. Fortunately it is not a lot of car to wash! So I shall have to do it again this weekend. Now I know what Sisyphus must have felt like.
(02-03-2023, 12:41 PM)David Stepney Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 12:16 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I saw exactly the same on a black transit in Towcester this morning!

I washed my Seven last weekend as, once again, it looked as if I had been trialling it. Went to Wrexham and then on to Oswestry on Tuesday and it looks as if I hadn’t bothered. Fortunately it is not a lot of car to wash! So I shall have to do it again this weekend. Now I know what Sisyphus must have felt like.

Sisyphus? Was he the contractor that painted the Forth rail bridge?

Today I took delivery of a Ruby steering wheel to repurpose into a mounting boss for a 50s wood rimmed job for my Speedex. I was intrigued that it had pressed steel spokes (not cast aluminium) that were rusty beyond redemption. I guess late Ruby or Big 7? It'll do just fine for what I need.
I tried another super market today to find they had loads of tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers, and a full veg rack and nobody taking any.