The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
With our builders off the premises, but still lots of second fix plumbing, stair fitting and decorating for me to do, the sun was shining today and the open road beckoned.

So, we headed out to explore a few more of the North East's lesser travelled roads. Many, many cattle grids were crossed and lots of pregnant sheep avoided.  We also visited the farm where we stayed up here on holiday for 15 years before buying our own house. As I said to our now friend, we could never have guessed that one day we would be on their farm in our Austin Seven.

.jpg   NE1.jpg (Size: 302.23 KB / Downloads: 232)
The afternoon was almost a non starter, as our Seven almost didn't get much further than her nice new garage door, refusing to start. A quick check suggested a lack of fuel. The fuel pump primer felt somewhat less than positive in its action so I suspected the diaphragm. I had prepared a spare pump some time ago, with new diaphragm, so thought it a good opportunity to fit it.

No problems with the fitting. However, the old pump diaphragm, although somewhat flaccid, was not split and still she would not start with the new pump. With a more positive feel to the primer pump there was some fuel now visible in the tank fuel filter, but not enough to fill the carb' bowl. Next was a new filter (the old one was clean and only a year old) and immediately fuel sucked through and we were off. About 2 hours later than planned, but a lovely afternoon was had.

.jpg   NE2.jpg (Size: 263.83 KB / Downloads: 230)

NE1.jpg
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Andy Bennett - 23-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM