The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Are you sure it was the Waggon and Horses Reckless? Or was it the Flouch or the Snake.
Definitely at Langsett but it was a long time ago. Sheffield Group meeting.
It says it is a de-luxe but the starting handle is the removable type, as in a car without a front bumper.
If it was at Langsett it would have been the Waggon and Horses.
BA7C Luckington lunchtime meeting today and a good turnout of A7's:

It was definitely at Langsett. You were there in your Ulster, Dave W.
With our builders off the premises, but still lots of second fix plumbing, stair fitting and decorating for me to do, the sun was shining today and the open road beckoned.

So, we headed out to explore a few more of the North East's lesser travelled roads. Many, many cattle grids were crossed and lots of pregnant sheep avoided.  We also visited the farm where we stayed up here on holiday for 15 years before buying our own house. As I said to our now friend, we could never have guessed that one day we would be on their farm in our Austin Seven.

.jpg   NE1.jpg (Size: 302.23 KB / Downloads: 232)
The afternoon was almost a non starter, as our Seven almost didn't get much further than her nice new garage door, refusing to start. A quick check suggested a lack of fuel. The fuel pump primer felt somewhat less than positive in its action so I suspected the diaphragm. I had prepared a spare pump some time ago, with new diaphragm, so thought it a good opportunity to fit it.

No problems with the fitting. However, the old pump diaphragm, although somewhat flaccid, was not split and still she would not start with the new pump. With a more positive feel to the primer pump there was some fuel now visible in the tank fuel filter, but not enough to fill the carb' bowl. Next was a new filter (the old one was clean and only a year old) and immediately fuel sucked through and we were off. About 2 hours later than planned, but a lovely afternoon was had.

.jpg   NE2.jpg (Size: 263.83 KB / Downloads: 230)

NE1.jpg
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hi All

Like Andy the sunshine was the catalyst for a ride out in the RK yesterday. Mainly as a shake down run for the VSCC Light Car and Edwardian meeting here in Llandrindod later in March.  Just a short 15 mile run down to Builth for a walk along the Groe.  Unfortunately just as we got back into Llandod I heard a light knocking noise from the bell housing area.  Removing the starter showed it was not a loose flywheel. Pressing the clutch pedal stops the noise and pulling it back also stops the noise.  Could it be a loose toggle?  Further investigation needed  Sad. I do hope it isn’t an engine out job!

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   56B6E232-C8A3-4580-B706-9AC7F51094CE.jpeg (Size: 148.89 KB / Downloads: 174)
Just got home from the weekly shop, I could have filled the Seven with tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers        
Sainsburys in Hazel Grove. It'll be stripped bare of salad vegetables by mid-day, (or sooner)!