The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Took the Seven to my pal's garage in Wrexham yesterday as he wanted me to sort out the insurance claim on his courtesy car, after the local postman ran into it. The car hadn't been out for three weeks, so was overdue a run out (See Ruiaridh and my conversation in the Felt Washers thread)

As usual, the little car ran perfectly, although I notice that the petrol gauge has stopped working properly again. It has a wine cork for a float and I suspect that it has become 'petrol-logged', so a job for this weekend, I suspect.

Came back in the dark, so I could see whether changing the headlamp bulbs form 24 watt to 36 watt has made any difference to the lighting. It has, at least marginally, but I still have trouble when other motorists insist on coming right up close to the back of the car with their modern headlamps due mostly to the reflection in the windscreen. Why do people drive so close, I wonder? The only downside is that the dynamo now no longer balances the total current used when all the lights are on. There is a deficit of about 4 amps.

Anyway, photos:

Car in my pal's yard.

Car outside the Co-op in Rhosllanerchrugog  whilst we got the makings of lunch. (Which I cooked!)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 28-01-2023, 10:14 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM