The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Well down here in Rekkersland the sun is shining and there's no salt on the roads despite the bitter north wind that's blowing, so I thought it was an ideal opportunity to get the RP out and blow off some of the dust. Infuriatingly it started first time and then continued to run without a stutter despite the E10 that's been in the tank for several months. I really should have taken the fan belt off because with the four blader it doesn't warm up very quickly when it's cold, but it didn't seem to make much difference. By the time I'd got to the end of the valley the oil pressure had dropped to the normal warm engine range.

No running with the window down and elbow out however. It was full use of the Hobson Perfect window winder in the "up" direction, air conditioning vents firmly closed and a beany hat over the ears (and this is a saloon!). Shame the ends of the window winder can't be folded in - it always comes to a stop right against my knee, unless I drop the glass a tad.

Nice run round the block, up and over a couple of small 'cols' and back home in time for tea and buns. I did check the oil before I set off, but needn't have bothered. It was only about 1/4" down from the full mark, and that's after about 500 miles from the last change. Nice one, Ruairidh. Proper job!

Keep 'em rolling!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 25-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM