The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I do plan to use it. Why shouldn't I? Ask Mike says, it is probably better than any available new today (with all due respect to our Cherished Suppliers - it is not they that have banned the use of asbestos....
Can we see some more close-up pics of the turned edges of the combustion chamber area?
(21-01-2023, 12:57 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: I do plan to use it. Why shouldn't I? Ask Mike says, it is probably better than any available new today (with all due respect to our Cherished Suppliers - it is not they that have banned the use of asbestos....

Hugh, by all means use it - but I would suggest giving it a good look over first and see if you can spot any difference points from the modern offerings, which may well have been drawn/ tooled up without an original part for reference.
Additional photos for Henry:

I am wondering whether it could be used to enable production of the 'perfect' head gasket. I wont be using it for at least another 3 weeks for a number of reasons, so there is time if anyone would like to make any suggestions?
Thanks for the close-ups. It's far superior to any of the modern ones that I've bought recently.
It looks to me as though the protective lip that is turned ove is longer than the reproduction ones.
No doubt it is genuine asbestos.
Jim
I would imagine - I've had it at least 40 years .....

Stuck amongst thick fog bound roundabouts of Gloucester, I thought I might seek a little comfort and civilisation in a fairground model exhibition that by chance I passed. Only encountered two Seven owners, but also  spotted these models.
Daisy and I attended the Monklands Sporting Car Club AGM at Summerlea Museum, today.  This is the Club that will allow her to use their purpose build race track to drive her car, when it is ready for that.

Not the best weather, but great to be out in the Cup.  We were the only old car in the car park, our Michelin Man outfits gave us away as the drivers!!

How on earth do you fit in there. I can’t get into a GE Cup.
Alan Fairless