The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

The heavy rain having washed away all the road salt, the Shortest Day seemed to be a prefect opportunity to take the Ruby out into the few brief hours of daylight. There were a couple of additions to the usual "my grandad had one of those." One was a gent who very much wanted me to come round to his shed and collect parts and books relating to a Rover 8. I had to tell him that the back seat might be needed for the elves, if Santa required a lift. The other was a wonderful lady of a certain age, who vigorously told me that kids of her grandchildren's and great grandchildren's generations never learned to drive properly as everything was on a computer. In her view, all driving schools should have Austin Sevens or possibly Austin Tens, to teach them the basics of gear changing, braking and hand signalling. Also that driving slowly was generally a good idea! I found it easy to agree with her.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve kay - 22-12-2022, 08:15 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM