The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
That'd  be the Hudson/Terraplane 254 cubic inch/4.2 litre 113 HP engine I'm picking. Yes, pump over splash lubrication.

The 1934 Light Sports Tourer used a lightweight open four-seater body and mildly modified engine. It achieved 0-60 mph in 8.8 seconds, a sensational time pre-war, and a top speed of 107 mph on the 3.3:1 rear axle. The engine was so flexible that it could be driven in circles on full lock in top gear without snatching. (Wikipedia)

Also:
The 1933 Essex-Terraplane 8-cylinder cars were believed to have the highest horsepower-to-weight ratio of any production automobiles in the world, and were favored by several gangsters of the day, particularly John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, and John Paul Chase, for their lightness, acceleration, handling, and discreet appearance.
Drove about 100 miles from Auckland to Cambridge (on the Waikato River ) for a vintage Austin gathering.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lovely car and location...nice to see the Ruby being driven!
Fitted a replacement speedo cable to the 65 today. The one fitted was 47" long and went through an incredibly tight 180° bend coming out of the gearbox. It finally snapped a few weeks ago. I measured the ideal length for its replacement at 53" but these are not available off the shelf, so I ordered a special from Speedograph Richfield. This is the perfect length from the four speed box to the Magmo speedo.
Participated in the Vintage Austin rally in Cambridge (NZ).  There were 22 cars in total from various parts of the North Island.  Fourteen of these were Austin Sevens. 
The organiser, Rod Rate at, advises that if anyone wishes to participate in more Austin events in the Waikato area, they happen monthly, they could contact him at rod.rattray.motors@xtra.co.nz.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice fotos, Graham!

Do you know, how man Sevens had been carried to NZ through the years and how many are still around there today?
@ Hurvinek, have a look on here, that's the VAR ones but I would suspect there are a few more that are attached to the traditional vintage car clubs which won't show up on the VAR register..
Any estimates Ian/Graham/Marcus ?

https://www.austin.co.nz/club-vehicles
Hi All

More “What I didn’t do in my Austin Seven”.

Yesterday was a lovely crisp day here. Full sun, a bit cold, but ideal for a drive….  Checked the Powys gritting website …and GRITTERS had been out in force all night.  So no drive out   Sad.

I envy the antipodeans their summer!

Cheers

Howard

Yesterday went to the muddy lawns of Prescott, to watch a little trialling. Good weather, after a wet week giving fine mud, a sunny if short day to watch sport. This is just a snap to show a bare handful of Sevens of which about fifty five were entered. Splendid performances by all!
Young Leon, my great grandson had a friend come to stay over this weekend, so so we all went for a trundle in the Seven to Lake Vyrnwy, then over Bwlch-y-Groes to Dinas Mawddwy, and along the A470 over Cadair Idris , which was climbed 3 up in second, on the Dolgellau and then back to Bala. Leon, who has had his driving licence for just over a month now, did all the driving and drove really quite competently. The weather could have been better for a trip through the Welsh countryside, but everyone had a pleasant time, even though Leon's friend, who is over 6 feet, had to 'origami' himself into the back. 

Leon and I at Lake Vynwy

Car in Dolgellau

Unfortunately, the battery on the Leica digital camera decided to go flat, but I tokk some shots with my 35mm Leica (which is a year younger than the RP!)  so all was not lost. The only snag is that i shall have wait until I have finished the film to see the results.