The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I like that very much. 

What will the wooden frame alongside be used for? I hadn't considered using the space beneath the spare wheel for storage until now. Marvelous.
That is really nice!!
As others - well done Peter.
The job for today was a case of the carb flooding on occasion. Took the lid off of the 22FZB and saw in disbelief, one of the needle actuator paddles sitting on top of the float ! The brass split pin had worked its way out as an ear had dropped off of the split end! Took the advantage of cleaning all the jets. Job done and back in business - bet you can't do that on a fuel injected modern thingy!
Very clever, Peter.
I spent the weekend trying to work out why the Chummy carb seemed to block so often. Had the tank out, swilled out the fuel to find it came out pretty clean. The same when I dried the tank out and looked down the filler neck. Reluctantly I refitted it, none the wiser. It was then I noticed the fuel filler cap was unvented...

.jpg   kop1.jpg (Size: 127.34 KB / Downloads: 419) This weekend I have been mostly throwing my Ruby up Kophill with 'gusto', but after a while 'gusto' got a bit heavy so I left him behind on the next run.
This anti-gravity driving requires huge revs and a decent g/box. Box still in one piece I think, will drain g/box tomorrow
.jpg   kop3.jpg (Size: 130.59 KB / Downloads: 422)
.jpg   kop2.jpg (Size: 130.04 KB / Downloads: 422) and check for gear teeth.
Hello,
used the nice weather yesterday to make some preperations for the winter break: changing the oil, lubricating everything that has to be oiled and greased... Also used the day to take the car on a 101 km trip up and down the hills of Southern Germany and showing of my new spare wheel cover and... to drive the car in darkness, something that wasn't posssible before the LED era. The necessary changes that once had to be made on my car (33 years ago) to make the car roadworthy included so many additional light bulbs that the neither the lights nor the engine were happy with that... this has changed now.

Frank, 
The car looks fantastic. A real credit to you (and the trimmer and printer!). I have a little knowledge of the travails needed to satisfy the T.U.V. It makes your results all the better.
David
Winter draws on, and the prospect of 'sevening' in stygian gloom on 36 watt headlamps becomes  daunting, I decided to upgrade to LED headlamp bulbs. After acquiring, over the last few weeks, some new headlamps with stippled glass that take Lucas prefocus bulbs, and some LED bulbs to go in them, I thought that I would spend part of the morning fitting my new purchases. I fitted the nearside headlamp only to discover that it wouldn't work! I checked all the usual things - I had current  in all the right places and the polarity was correct, but, after messing around I could get dipped beam but no main beam. To cut a long story short, I eventually discovered that the new (apparently Indian made) bulb holders had been made in such a fashion that the contacts were, at best on barely nodding acquaintance with the contacts on the bulb. I have managed to source a pair of (apparently) genuine Lucas bulb holders from a well known on-line market place, so, when they arrive, I shall have another go. In the meantime, I have restored the one headlamp I dismantled back to its original state, which included the obligatory game of hunt the W clip that has just flown off, hit me in the face and hidden itself on the bench.

A morning and half the afternoon wasted! B*gg*r!
    36 watt that's a lot, here's our lights on 24 watt.