The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Having discovered that the Bala Light Railway was having a Steam Gala weekend, young Leon and I took the Seven for a trundle to the other end of the lake to have a look. The only other classic car there was the railway chairman's Bentley Mk6, but there was a rather pretty French built engine that was on loan and doing duty. We also looked round the Railway's museum, which is more of a display of work in progress. Unfortunately, I failed to check the Leica's battery before putting it in the car and, predictably, it went flat after half a dozen photos. However, herewith a selection of the ones that i managed to take.

I'm sorry that the Seven appears in such a travel-stained state. The spring that provides water to my home dried up in May, ( a sign of the times, alas) and we have been relying on carrying water from kind friends. And I refuse to use the local high pressure car wash on the car!

The little French engine

'Maid Marion', one of the regular engines

A general view of Llanuwchllyn Station platform

'Liassic', another of the regular engines having just taken on water.

The Mk.6 Bentley

I'm sure that this car needs no introduction!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 27-08-2022, 09:06 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM