The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
"Out of interest are you a member of a local club, old car or A7 specific?"

I'm not now Andy, though I am a member of the national Morris Register and have been for almost 50 years. As far as I'm aware there are no A7 specific clubs in Northumberland / Tyne and Wear / County Durham, the nearest to us and one of the best would be the Scottish Austin Seven Club. I believe they do have members in the North East - in fact one of Ruairidh Dunford's close friends and SA7C member lives very near to me, he and I have spoken a couple of times over the phone but never actually met - one of my old school friends is an occasional client of his and they were talking about A7's only a couple of weeks ago.

Back in the early 1970's I joined what was then called the 'North East Club for Pre War Austins' (NECPWA) with my 1936 Morris 8 Series I Tourer which I still own. The club had been founded in 1966 by the late Tony Pelton a Heaton, Newcastle based school teacher. Back then the majority of the membership owned pre-war Austins of various horse powers many of them Sevens. As the years progressed and the older membership died out, the younger intake were joining with predominantly post-war and classic multi make vehicles rather than pre-war so by 2012 the club decided to change their name to the 'North of England Classic and Pre-War Automobiles' (NECPWA). In recent years I noticed they'd decided to stop distributing the A7CA Grey Mag as so few members now owned Austin 7's. I stopped being a member in the late 1990's. It seems a very active club both locally and between southern Scotland and North Yorkshire so worth checking out as I believe there are still a few A7 owners within the membership. 

http://necpwa.org/index.php

Jeff.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Jeff Taylor - 21-08-2022, 11:26 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM