The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Nick, having never tried, I thought Id have a look and try. 

The front half of the rear pair as you say lifts in the hinges and folds, but in that case back and inwards. 

The pin just seems to sit against the body side, there is no catch for it, nor it seems has there ever been on my 'cards', which I believe are the 1928 originals. Actually it runs against the clamp screw. There is however a funny metal bit on the screen that I do not know what it is for. That said with the screen folding back, there is no real need to secure it, the windflow will keep it closed. 

The screens are clearly replacements, but the ironmongery is not, so I guess this little piece is probably original and faithfully replaced when they were remade.

These are the unknown (to me bits of metal). They are however on the front of the back half of the screens

As you note the folded front screen is secured by a strap in the bottom back corner (when shut) of the front screen to a lift the dot between the top door hinge and the windscreen on the scuttle. Not sure if lift the dots are the original fixing method , but photos seem to show the location is correct.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Hedd_Jones - 09-08-2022, 03:17 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM