The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(12-07-2022, 06:00 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I love that hood Howard, it gives a very period aspect. However I'd be a bit concerned about blasts from oncoming HGV size vehicles. Is there any way you could curve it down towards the pretty windscreen corners with a stay?

Like these Duncan?

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   C70FC9AC-7941-4B49-885B-5F059D731DAB.jpeg (Size: 78.81 KB / Downloads: 572)
Thumbs Up 
Hi Howard, nice job, looking good, see you both next week. S&P
They look like they would do the job. I didn't spot them in the first pics you posted
[attachment=18872 Wrote:pid='84790' dateline='1657352720']

Libertinne and Josie enjoying the sunshine!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Flushed the cooling system, oiled and greased everything,  made much easier with some silicone hose..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgE7b_TsmvQ/...DJmNzVkMjY=

Waiting for a new fuel tank as the old one was so utterly filthy that even after two rounds of cleaning, including all the tricks from here (sans cement mixer) there was still chunks of degraded slosh liner and a thick layer of tar.
Keeping it in case I can be bothered to clean it and put it back on for "authenticity"
Oh, bother!

So I have spent today re-installing the rattly old engine.

Working in the shade, mostly - under the car.

Took me three goes to mate 'box and engine.

Last time, straight on.
Thats a bummer Simon.

I've spent the day trying not to bang my head on mine

I have removed the little plywood glove box from behind the dash and completely dismantled it. It was held in by just four 1/4" wood screws and some what looked like home made aluminium brackets. This is a job that needed doing sooner rather than later because woodworm had taken hold as evidenced by the line of dust on the carpet.

The plywood box was simply tacked together and lined with felt. (The lid forms part of the actual dashboard and stays attached by hinges.)

I copied the bad sections and relined the insides before sticking it all back together.  The glue should have dried now so I will tack it permanently together.  The brackets  really need to be re made as well because the thin aluminium used is not strong enough and the box has never been properly secured.  My aim is to design a way to support the back to stop the box from flopping up and down.
[Image: IMG-1233.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1237.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1231.jpg]
Sue took her Seven out just to be sure she could remember how to drive it and every time she stopped the car the engine died, took the carburetor off and cleaned it and it's running OK now.
Just stripped the rear tyres off the RP ready for a new pair of Longstones. One was "very" worn" (oops). One advantage with the heatwave was thay they came off really easily.
Delivery in 3-4 working days so they say...