The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(22-06-2022, 06:32 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: We worked out that on the 40mile run I did the other day on the traction engine, that I was burning a £10note every 45mins. 
Perhaps you should shift onto coal, although I guess the notes are lighter to carry?
Six of them, together.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alan Fairless
Lovely shot Alan, I feel guilty that my box saloon looks like you could plant a row of carrots on it...
This is Sid. I know him purely from my journey to work as he commutes the opposite way to me, normally on a 1935 AJS. Over the last 15 years I have looked forward to his cheery wave and from time to time we stop and pass the time of day. This week we met on a quiet single track road so he took the opportunity to show me his latest restoration, a relatively new Triumph Bonneville, out for its first journey in 30 years.

He summed up my thoughts on what a lovely way it is to start each working day: beautiful scenery, vintage vehicles, empty roads and someone to chat to. "Life doesn't get any better" he said.

Looks like an American spec Bonnie, very smart indeed...and yes, I have to agree, old vehicles, country lanes, absolutely perfect...even if you have to go to work!
Collected the chrome-plated radiator shell for my late 1930 tall-radiator Chummy from Prestige Electro Plating in Mexborough (phone: 01709-577004). A super job for £120 + VAT - a figure four times less expensive than a quote from a Derby-based concern.
If Brian Perkins and his Mrs are still going, give them my best regards. It used to be a good tea spot for me when they were in Wombwell.
(24-06-2022, 04:22 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: If Brian Perkins and his Mrs are still going, give them my best regards. It used to be a good tea spot for me when they were in Wombwell.

Yes, still going strong. Very helpful and interested in what could be done to help. Highly recommended - even though I didn't get a cup of tea!

Took number two grandchild to  school PROM.
Dancing in Clifford's Tower? Whatever next!