The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I don't know how the ex-pats in Spain cope with summer temperatures down there, it's hot enough here. 28° is perfick. Anything over that then it just gets silly. Some people will just lie in it and fry themselves to death but the cemeteries are full of 'em.

The advantage is that in the evening, when the Big Guy has turned the sun off you can sit outside without having your Arran jumper on.

You can grow grapes, Tony. You just need a greenhouse. We had a massive one in Chapeltown (grape vine, not greenhouse). Plant the roots outside and lead the stem inside. It will grow fine.

On other matters relating to grapes, I had to go to the "hole in the wall" this morning for some beer tokens. I took the Mem'Sahib's Peugeot 107 because it has air-con. On the way there I noticed a loud clonking coming from the back of the car, which sounded ominously like one of the exhaust doughnuts had gone and the silencer was banging on the underbody. Anyway, on getting home I mentioned it to Mary who said "Oh yes, it's been like that for ages".... after allowing the car to cool I had a look underneath and everything seemed OK., so I opened the tailgate and had a look in the boot. Under a pile of shopping bags there was a bottle of Chardonnay rolling about, and it was that which was banging on the bulkhead... O. M. G!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 18-06-2022, 11:55 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM