The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Just got the 65 back from Malcolm Parker's excellent Pennine Run, which starts in Masham and goes via a number of clumbs and descents to finish at Grange over Sands in Cumbria.
My brakes were OK until the last day coming home through the Forest of Bowland, when they started to grab and retardatiion going downhill became quite a challenge. Inspected them today and the rear linings were so shiny you could almost see your face in them. I shall be getting them relined with Green Grabber by Saftek in Cleckheaton, but for now I just roughed the surfaces with a coarse file and renewed the ramp at the ends of the linings to take them down to half thickness over the last half inch. A road test shows them behaving much like new linings needing bedding in, but there's no more grabbing or squealing and reasonable and predictable retardation. Posting this as I really wasn't expecting such a dramatic improvement, which means I can schedule the job in later in the year rather than it being a matter of urgency now.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Colin Wilks - 17-06-2022, 04:26 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM