The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Sad 
It is looking less likely that the Nippy Special will be ready to go to the centenary weak .
I have just painted the rear under wing parts of the body with KBS Rust Seal.....sander to bare metal, 2 coats Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80, 2 coats Rust seal gloss black.  Just waiting to get KBS Black top to go over the Rust seal to UV proof it.
Hyd 80 treated

You will see that I have retained the wonderful ORIGINAL patina of ex-rust pockmarks and historic patches welded in (should make car more valuable??  Smile )

Rust Seal painted

You can see from the reflection of my (handsome Blush ) face the very high gloss of the paint (the Black Top top coat is same)

wood between floor and cill top lip

Unfortunately I forgot at the time the new floor was being put in to tell my welder friend to put in a piece of wood spacer between floor and cill top lip so correct gap would be there and floor would be flat all the way along, so the floor is a bit miss-shaped and it has been an awful job to sand the wood to fit to the floor and nicely fit under cill lip.  Band saw will cut back the inner face to make wood just protrude from cill.

PS for the anoraks - sorry I do not know the make/model of the wood pallet it is all resting on Rolleyes

Dennis

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Dennis Nicholas - 27-05-2022, 12:50 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM