The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
So do I, I've been looking for some time...
Me too. In March, tried to buy the one we sold 20 years ago but it wasn't to be. My friend Mr. Spoonbill looks to have had a good do - but then he and Mrs. S usually do!!

Steve
Willow and I are heading over in the Cup to the Centenary Rally in Ulster this weekend - taking the same ferry as Mr Spoonbill.
(10-05-2022, 05:55 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Tony Griffiths said
VW van? Here's the one you want: a van with a bed and a sink at a bargain price

You must think I'm a capitalist if you imagine I have that kind of money ;-)
The cheapest one is 7 times the price we paid for our terrace back-to-back in 1978 before that woman started her property inflation/speculation business! IIRC she also promised to build 10 new Nuclear power stations in ten years ...

They are indeed vastly overpriced. The neighbour's son took a used but sound T5 or T6 and did the conversion himself, aiming to replicate the VW job. Total cost £12,000 - and it looks superb.
Mrs.T, our best P.M. - ever.  Top capitalist, tons of money, tons of money. Now, where's my cheque book, I think I'll give that cramped little VW a miss and go for this: https://www.marathoncoach.com/coach-inventory/
Hang on, hang on, it's just a fitted-out coach - not at all impressive. No, no, it's all too much trouble, I'll give them all a miss. Back to wrestling with oil leaks, etc. on the Seven - lots of trouble at low cost.
It was quite fun camping in Cornwall last summer - every second plot a T5 sprauncey conversion... or indeed a California. We had the Berlingo next to a huge old borrowed tent that looks like a submarine. All those £45k+ vans, but it still looks like the plumber is coming...

I also wonder about the general smell in those vans, when you are getting into it for posh use, the day after a long camping trip...?
Berlingo? That's posh.

This is what I'll be going to the Spanish GP in, one day (when I've fitted out the kitchen pod and bought a sleeping bag)

[Image: 20191229-135614-resized.jpg]
Spanish Grand Prix Bruce?

I thought you were a motor racing fan!

Ah, you mean the bikes of course...
(10-05-2022, 06:12 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: I want one!

get one they are ace!
I'm building one. Or trying to. Anyone got a steering column lock nut? Or can confidently confirm the thread, how many tpi in case I have to get one made?

The nut is available from 7Workshop.

You appear to using an early clamp type steering wheel on an later spline type column, is this intentional and have you considered the safety implications?

Or has the wheel a splined insert?