The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Toady, I took the Seven to Dolgellau to collect my new glasses. went there up the A494 and decided to come back though the lanes to Llanfachreth and rejoin the main road at Rhydymain.

All was well until I got to the main road at Rhydymain where I got a puncture! And then the jack broke!! The saddle came loose as I was jacking the car up and the hut was simply turning the screw thread round. Fortunately, I had a pipe wrench in the cars toolkit (a useful bit of kit, that) and by gripping the thread. I was able to eventually jack the car up sufficiently to change the wheel. And all the time, the traffic, mercifully light, was whizzing past at 60 mph.

Got home and found that the valve had come away from the tube, so a new tube was fitted. I suppose I can't complain too much, though. The tube was the last of the Dunlop ones, so must have been about 50 years old.
I have also fixed the jack by welding the saddle to the end of the screw thread.

All in all, not my most successful trip out, but al least the problems were an easy fix. Other than that, the car went well.

At Llanfachreth

On the road to Rhydymain

Spring is coming!

Bluebells

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 06-05-2022, 12:11 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM