The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
steady R,

you are lining those jokes up well.

im not falling for it so close to guildtown though Big Grin

tony
No joke, all factual Tony…
Went for an amble around the Peak District, calling at the usual tourist hot spots with lots of interest, friendly waves, and smiling faces - and one lovely lady asked if she could sit in the car. How could I refuse? Stops for coffee, cakes, and ice cream - of course.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As the car had not been out for at least a fortnight, I took it to feed the horses and then for a bit of essential shopping into Bala.

.jpg   S022I001.JPG (Size: 132.63 KB / Downloads: 401)
Lovely composition with the Chummy in front of the cottage Tony!
I hesitate to post things in this thread as I am sure there would be no real interest in my amateurish efforts, however, I achieved something today on a car that has been in my ownership for over 50 years. When I first bought my Box saloon, the sliding roof was sealed up and the rear portion of the rails removed and a galvanised plate let in where the material roof portion should have been...

It leaked

In the early 70s, at the behest of Ray Walker who hated the set up, a temporary mod was made to create replacement rear rails and re-instate the sliding roof, to a reasonable degree of success

It leaked

In the 90s, having run the poor thing into the ground, some restoration work was carried out which included a reinstatement of the whole roof assembly (by someone I commissioned for the task) which looked ok, but it has to be said, was of the 'close, but no cigar' nature..

It leaked

Today, with a new sliding panel of the correct dimensons (the 'CBNC' version was about 1/2" short) and a trimmimng of the rail that runs transversly across the rear of the roof opening (which prevented the roof completely closing), for the first time ever, I have a sliding roof that actually fits!

Does it leak? Well, we shall find out in thew near future!!

I think those six big holes might suggest you've not cured the leaks yet  Big Grin
Lol....
Having done exactly the same job on my box saloon Hugh, I have every sympathy, mine fits beautifully but it’s snagging on that rail...
You are welcome to the bit of aluminium extrusion that I used to clamp onto the transverse piece as a guide to trim it down. I also learned the hard way (though I should have known really) that the more expenisve genuine Dremel cutting blades were the only way to go and having gone through about 10 cheapo nasty things, once I had invested in the genuine article, 1 blade saw the job done in about an hour...