The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I hesitate to post things in this thread as I am sure there would be no real interest in my amateurish efforts, however, I achieved something today on a car that has been in my ownership for over 50 years. When I first bought my Box saloon, the sliding roof was sealed up and the rear portion of the rails removed and a galvanised plate let in where the material roof portion should have been...

It leaked

In the early 70s, at the behest of Ray Walker who hated the set up, a temporary mod was made to create replacement rear rails and re-instate the sliding roof, to a reasonable degree of success

It leaked

In the 90s, having run the poor thing into the ground, some restoration work was carried out which included a reinstatement of the whole roof assembly (by someone I commissioned for the task) which looked ok, but it has to be said, was of the 'close, but no cigar' nature..

It leaked

Today, with a new sliding panel of the correct dimensons (the 'CBNC' version was about 1/2" short) and a trimmimng of the rail that runs transversly across the rear of the roof opening (which prevented the roof completely closing), for the first time ever, I have a sliding roof that actually fits!

Does it leak? Well, we shall find out in thew near future!!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Hugh Barnes - 18-04-2022, 02:32 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM