The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Shavington is the next village to us and I’ve just been there in the Chum for 2 1/2 gallons of liquid gold that cost 20 quid.
Alan Fairless
We should re instigate going to the pub your way Alan.
Good idea
Alan Fairless
and I thought £18.00 for 2.5 gallons of petrol was expensive in Stockport.
Yeah but you use the cheap stuff!?
Alan Fairless
We went shopping again in the chummy last night it being nice and sunny.

Daughter promptly decided I needed to pick her up from School in an Austin today.

So I strolled over earlier and got the RL out of the lock up. Will go and fetch her in half an hour or so.

I spent this morning preparing the new engine for the Ulster rep prior to getting it on the test bed.   Whilst looking for a few bits and pieces I found the first of the wedged low comp heads that I did.  This head was on the engine with the pressure fed Reliant crank, fitted when the supercharger was removed.   As wedged heads were discussed a short while ago, I have taken some photographs which clearly show the shape of the combustion chamber.   The CR is in the region of 7 :1.   I seem to recall seeing a photograph of an original GE Brooklands head and the shape of the combustion chamber was very similar.  It is a long time ago so I may be wrong.   For those interested the head is 37.5mm deep on the nearside and 33.5mm deep on the offside.            
Blimey Malcolm,the woodworm are big in Yorkshire !
After cleaning up the valves, and building a new choke cable which actually works, fired the car up and I’m still suffering a sticking valve...after a couple of minutes it frees itself up and after that the motor runs fine, so went for a blast...the oil pressure is up against the stop when the motor is cold but after a couple of miles settles down to between 5 and 7 psi, ticking over at about 2 psi, so I’m going to put some more miles on the old bus and see if using it every day frees things up.

Even after all these years, I still love driving a Seven.
Hi All

It’s the VSCC Edwardian and Light Car meeting here in Llandod this weekend.  Took a stroll down to the Metropole Hotel to see the cars arriving.  Lots and lots of Sevens, but this Salmson caught my eye.  Single door coupe with lovely proportions. 

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   2EFFAB6A-6917-4E73-98AF-B2FB59D44AAC.jpeg (Size: 156.64 KB / Downloads: 167)

PS Can’t understand why it’s on its side!