The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
It’s sunny in Worthing!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And in Shropshire

After a longer run in the box, I wasn’t happy with how the old boy was running...stripped the top end and found a bunch of stuck valves...so with a bit of luck I’ll enjoy a run in the sun tomorrow!
Had a pleasant 34 mile run through rural area in South Auckland with the local VAR club. 8 Austins plus a few moderns participated. Then had a barbecue lunch at a member's house.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[attachment=1733

.jpg   FB_IMG_1647710900167 - Copy (2).jpg (Size: 94.34 KB / Downloads: 334)
It's many thanks to Charlie Plain Jones and the team for yesterday's A7s Back to the Track Day at Curborough, a splendidly enjoyable and social event. It is the first time that I have been an event to sign on, to be told, that I must immediately go to be the start line marshal. This involved peering through some trees to observe a car leaving the course, no modern IT nonsense in Staffordshire! Walking round, talking and listening in the paddock was a bit like a masterclass in Seven history and technology, what a huge amount of knowledge to be shared. That certainly made it a most rewarding day. As for driving, adrenalin does not depend on speed. The Chummy indicated having reached no less than 36 mph along the final straight, and the 6" brakes managed to reduce that fearsome pace enough to allow us to enter the paddock, phew.

(No, I don't know why the second image is hiding under the post.)

Attached Files
.jpg   FB_IMG_1647710890536 (3) - Copy.jpg (Size: 125.08 KB / Downloads: 331)
Love the patina!
The driving kit looks a bit like overkill for an early Chummy ? :-)
I thought that, a tweed jacket and a cashmere scarf would be more like it!

Anyway, got the engine back together and went out for a trundle, which thanks to the restored performance was almost a burn up.

No pictures, I left the Rolleiflex at home...
Helmets required for the track, they were not worn for the progress through Wolverhampton. Tweed jackets are for Bentleys, cashmere scarves for calico rippers, sometimes leading to fatal accidents. Us Sevenists wear bike jackets to keep warm, and dry when passing through fords at speed.
Wasn't the term "ripping calico" supposed to refer to the wonderful exhaust sound of a Scott Flying Squirrel, the Shipley-made two-stroke water-cooled twin?
(three hyphenated in a row, is this a record?)