The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Getting the seven ready for a trip on Saturday I went to put a couple of gallons of petrol in today. Couldn't resist...... bought exactly £19.34 worth.

Emails and phone calls have challenged the validity of the picture of the Ruby being of interest to elephants. I can confirm the wide range of tropical creatures to be seen in Gloucestershire by this snap of a zebra also seen on Tuesday
It was sunny in Worthing so Josie and I visited James and Christine Anderson             
Ooh, I love those disc wheels!
Thinking about petrol costs I worked out the other day that it's actually cheaper in real terms today than it was when I started buying it. In 1969 (pre 1972 oil crisis) I was paid 6/- (30 of your new pee)per hour for working in a petrol station and 3***petrol was 6/2d per gallon. Minimum wage now would seem to be in the £8.75-£9.50 per hour region so at £1.50 per litre a gallon is about £7.50... perhaps its been coming down in relative price for a long while?
Wow, that's an early Singer Junior - there can't be many with quarter-elliptic front springs.
1926 or 27 before the introduction of front brakes. All the more unusual for being a 4 door body. I had thought that the early Juniors all had 3 door bodies.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
I think that is a 3-door body, Martin.
Should of looked more carefully (Specsavers?). That can't be a door on the driver's side with the spare and petrol can there!
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Ah yes, the classic French(?) cyclecar style with one front door on the passenger side...
You do like the French way???? Bill g
Based near the Scottish Border,