The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Th RP, having been idle since Christmas, apart from one excursion to Wrexham about 3 weeks ago, and, despite today being dismal and wet, I nevertheless decided to take it over to Penrhyndeudraeth to attend the lunch to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Meirionnydd Classic Car Club, held at Castell Deudraeth.

Notwithstanding the weather, I was disappointed to discover that the Seven was the only classic car there, in spite of a turnout of 25 members plus guests.

Young Leon accompanied me.

AsĀ  bonus, however, lunch at the Castell also gave you a free pass to Port Meirion. Leon had never been there before, so we spend a fairly damp afternoon looking round.

We came back over the mountains via Blaenau Ffestiniog, the last half of the journey in the dark.

I took both the Leicas with me, hoping to get some shots with the 35mm Leica lll (which is only a year younger than the Seven) but it was too miserable. However, given the criticism I have had using the Kodak, here are some photos taken with the digital Leica to keep you all amused:

The Seven outside Castell Deudraeth

The entrance to Port Meirion

View of the village from the viewing platform

View of the centre of the village.

For those who have never been, Port Meirion is one of the wonders of Wales and is well worth a visit.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 12-02-2022, 08:14 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM