The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(03-02-2022, 07:59 PM)Graham Barker Wrote: Hi JohnD, My Ruby drops out of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear on overrun. So will be interested to hear whether your fix works.
Cheers 
Graham.

Graham, i will report back, hope to get the box back in this weekend and take it for a spin. 

The spring had broken resulting in the ball sitting lower than required to holt it in place, thios has been like this for a long time as a flat has been worn into the ball.
(03-02-2022, 05:32 PM)JohnD Wrote: While it was out i have changed the Ball and Spring for 2nd and 3rd gear as it would often drop out of third when on the over run.

This fix has worked for me on numerous occasions over the last 45 years......
did some tacking yesterday...pleased with the shade of hessian. Diversionary progress as not feeling like putting engine together or finishing fixing back axle. Fed up with the fact that images never go up the right way.     
Let me try something Jon...    
I saved the image to my iPad and turned it upside down, I’ve struggled with upside down images before and I’m amazed it has worked!
Hi JohnD,  Awaiting your report with interest. Parazine comment is very positive. 
Thanks 
Graham.
today, the RP is back in the game. All reassembled.

[Image: 272904037_10224962031492563_636859947378...e=620336D6]
Anyone for the Punch Bowl tomorrow?
Hedd showing us how parking spaces are perfectly adequate!!
(05-02-2022, 12:35 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Anyone for the Punch Bowl tomorrow?

I intended to go, but too much rain and WIND.
I went, cold and damp but not that bad. About 9 all told I think.
by chance when I got back to the workshop I happened to notice the trip odometer reading...add 1000 and that's the distance I've driven it since March 1st last year.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)