The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I have taoen the engine out, when I studied the clutch I found two of the posts stuck in the back plate, meaning it was partially stuck disengaged. 

Have removed the rear cover to find that a previous meddler had fitted shims to the bottom of the slots for the fingers in the cover. These seem to have been an interference fit, and thus not totally obvious. And I certainly didnt notice them when I assembled it about a month ago. The action of the rollers seems to have upset one, and it is not present. The 2nd one was loose and binding the post. The third was also still present but seemingly working fine. With everything being thus out of cock, it seems to have jammed it up when the pedal was pushed down. 

I have now filed up all the burrs, restoring clearance in everything, cleaned and degreased it all again and the pressure plate and flywheel are drying in the sun. 

I will reassemble later, probably after lunch with some bigger rollers to see where we are at. May even get the engine back in the car with some luck.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Hedd_Jones - 30-01-2022, 01:03 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM