The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
The last photo shows what happens when you attack a sharp right angle bend on a forest track at 6000rpm in first gear.  Not as frightening as when we cleaned the Cwm-heyhope section on a VSCC Welsh Trial. The exit track was gated and there was a huge Herefordshire bull standing  in front of one of the gates.   As bouncer, I was expected to open the gates.   Fortunately the bull was distracted by a group of lady cows and we managed to escape unscathed.
Steve and myself didn't win as many awards as some competitors but none can have had more laughs.
You did better than most. Always a pleasure to see you at scrutineering.
Alan Fairless
(15-01-2022, 10:16 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Steve and myself didn't win as many awards as some competitors but none can have had more laughs.

And that's the whole point, isn't it?

C
Ah, scrutineering, them were the days. I am not the only user of this forum to have filled in and emailed off the self scrutineering form for the Clee Hills trial. Not a mention of that  old time scrute's favourite the double throttle return springs.
Clee Hills Trial featured a number of Sevens.  Adam & Eleanor Jones as 48 and Robert Renshaw and Andy Fox as 49 in class zero, Mike Henney and Philip Stadler in 46 in class 2, and number 55 was Mark Gregg and Dave Malin who had come all the way from Hebden Bridge.  There was a considerable number of Seven owners in other machines, including Mike Dorsett, owner of Grasshopper AOV343. Attempts by 2CV driving Seven owners to recreate the capsizing suggested on another thread were without success, no amount of reaching extreme angles resulted in falling over, or indeed getting anywhere near the top of the section.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The answer to the phone call and an email asking what on earth is that behind Mike Henney’s Seven is; it is entered as a “Reliant Super Robin Special.” Having three wheels it is under ACU regs. Apart from Reliant’s ohc engine and the front wheel assembly, I am not at all sure how much of it came from Tamworth. The owner was a tall and cheerful chap who has been trialling 3w Reliant’s for some time and this is his latest creation. In the absence of Morgan’s, BSAs or Lomax's he will have confidently won his class.

An addition; another question was what is coming out from under Robert Renshaw’s Chummy onto the car park tarmac. As Andy Fox contributes to this very forum, maybe he can answer that question.
Went for a country drive and took lots of pictures, all at a slightly different angle (handy for playing with pictures in Photoshop)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Multi.jpg (Size: 242.52 KB / Downloads: 259)
Intrigued by the stone walls. Had a few in some places here but smooth river stones, not so stackable.. Most now been sold for crushing for concrete.
It was the beetle next to us ,we managed to attempt all the hills .
Rob has decided to retire from Trials driving so the Chummy is now for sale.
Andy

Andy, that answers the question. All Sevens are oil tight, well, sometimes. And thanks for posting a photo of the Jones Seven, I only seemed to have less than gracious snaps of Adam’s backside as he crouched over the bonnet sticking his numbers onto the aero screen. Ecurie 2CV seem to be very popular with class zero entrants, just by turning we we usually ensure that the last couple of places in the results are filled.