The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I miss the emptiness of the d roads and the delight of discovery of perfect villages with their charming little shops and magical restaurants.
The scenery and climate helps enormously as well.
It was 23°C here today, which isn't bad for nearly new year's eve. I do consider myself very fortunate be live here and to have all this scenery, wildlife, peace and quiet on my doorstep yet still be within 3 1/2hrs drive of Spain, Italy or Switzerland. From the top of the hill opposite our house you can see the Med on a clear day and the Alps in the other direction. Perfik!

https://saintflorentsurauzonnet.fr/

see: actualité/journal municipal/ janvier 2020/ page 24.... I'm the good looking one.
Showing off those knees, you should be at Butlins!
Now there's a conundrum. Difficult choice, either Assiette de fruits de mer and a chilled sancerre on the front at Grau du Roi or cod & chips with a pint of draught Guinness in Bridlington...
Chilled Sancerre would win I think.
Alan Fairless
Took the Ruby out for a bit of a drive, maybe twenty miles. At the Punch Bowl at Marton cum Grafton found this strange trike.

My friend's been experiencing difficulty starting his RN saloon on the starter so I had a nice run up to Buxton this morning with a couple of original coils, one to fit one spare and bingo his motor now starts on the starter,
I wanted to go today but my unwanted Christmas present of a dose of shingles has laid me low.
I think the trike is a Grinall Scorpion? BMW "flying brick" engine/drive train with custom chassis for the forward end. Goes like the proverbial sh*t off a shovel!

We had a good run down the A5 in the RP to the Vintage Stony New Year's Day meeting. There was a good selection of Sevens, including a late 1926 Chummy and a 1938 Ruby that won the Long Distance award; the oldest car was a 1897 Leon Bollée.
(01-01-2022, 07:59 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I wanted to go today but my unwanted Christmas present of a dose of shingles has laid me low.
I think the trike is a Grinall Scorpion? BMW "flying brick" engine/drive train with custom chassis for the forward end. Goes like the proverbial sh*t off a shovel!

Yes Duncan, a Grinall Scorpian. There was nothing else of interest, you didn't miss much.