The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Flywheel 1935 said "Well , they do say charity starts at home !!!!!!!!

I suppose this reply should be in Pedants' corner but the King James version was using 'charity' in period vernacular meaning 'love;' as in "faith hope and charity but the greatest of these is charity". Hence "love begins at home".
First book of Corinthians, Chapter 13.
Howard, a Sevenist from South Wales asks, have the flower baskets of Llandod still got actual blooms flourishing in them in mid December? Must be a little tropical pocket between here and the snowy Berwyns.
(08-12-2021, 09:59 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Howard, a Sevenist  from South Wales asks, have the flower baskets of Llandod still got actual blooms flourishing in them in mid December? Must be a little tropical pocket between here and the snowy Berwyns.

Eagle eyed as always.

Taken a little while ago Steve

Cheers

Howard
(07-12-2021, 12:00 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who subject themselves to abject misery just to do Christmas Shopping. On the outskirts of Sheffield, next to the M1 motorway is the Meadowhall Shopping Centre. It has 280 shops and free parking for over 12,500 vehicles. It is best avoided between now and the new year, particularly at weekends unless you're a complete masochist.

The shops don't open until 10am but the perimeter roads will clog up with people trying to get in until the place closes at 10pm. The police and the Urban traffic control centre do their best in trying to manage the traffic, but you can't get a quart into a pint pot and queues are inevitable. It even backs up onto the M1 at times causing mayhem everywhere.

It is why it's favourite nickname is Murderhell.

Ah yes, I remember it well.

(08-12-2021, 01:01 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Reckless said "It is best avoided between now and the new year, " IMHO the last six words are redundant

‘Hear it not Duncan, for ‘tis a knell, that summons thee to heaven - or Murderhell…’
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish

There are special Xmas parking arrangements in Abergavenny, with some parking slots reserved for trials competitors out for present buying. The sign was in Welsh so I did not know whether the place was only for those under ACU regs, or Sevens could park there as well. Or in the case of a number of entrants in the Clee Hills Trial, Seven owners actually in other beasts from their stables. To which I plead guilty. 

(I also plead guilty to being unable to reduce the size or improve the quality of the image. At least it stayed in portrait format. )

Not exactly Santa delivering early, but a pal turning up with a fifty year old publication! No doubt our archives have many copies, otherwise I'll put it into the post. Certain Seven organisers must have started at a very young age, messrs Terry McGrath, Ian Dunford and Mike Costigan appear at first glance amongst organisers, probably all still in the fifth form. And was the Tony Griffiths credited as  responsible for the Programme demonstrating his design skills many decades before the invention of Photoshop?
Hi Steve

Fantastic find. I do hope stuff like this will be at the Centenary event next year  Smile.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers

Howard
I've mislaid my copy temporarily Steve,I wonder if you'd be kind enough to remind me of the total number of entries at Longbridge please.
Ian, entry no 1 was chassis no.793 from the Birmingham Transport Museum. Number 416 was a 1939 saloon, driven by Miss A. Butcher. Big Sevens were numbered 550 to 555. Perhaps surprisingly, only eight specials, 560 to 567, were expected to turn up. You were number 89, immediately followed by Andy Bird at 90, briefly  preceded by Ray Moses at 87, though Barbara Moses was separately entered . The entry list is an anorak's delight, what a range of entrants who are  still so active and knowledgeable. There is also an indication that a certain esteemed writer and very distinguished editor may have to resume his nick name of half a century ago.  Yes. ladies and gentlemen, at number 111 may I introduce Nelson Tebbett!