The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Pleased you had a good day and pleased that John and Cathy are still keeping John's Father, Graham's, End of Season Run tradition going in 'Corky', UR 4572. Graham was one of my very best friends and I still miss him greatly - I have his mobile number on my phone and can't bear to delete it. Graham, Pauline, Ang and myself drove many, many miles together in Sevens, Graham and Pauline in 'Corky', Ang and I in a variety of the things. John came over a few months ago to borrow my thin spanner used to tighten the lock nut on screw in torque tubes. The last time it was used was when his Dad borrowed it to do the same job on the same car maybe 15 or more years ago. 

On one occasion, when I had VR 807 (now owned by Ian McGowan), we drove over to Easingwold one Sunday for Sunday lunch. Rather than going round the boring York Ring Road, we drove through the mddle of York. To the untrained eye, both cars were identical and, stopping at some traffic lights, Graham was set upon by two young American girls who told him they thought our cars were 'brilliant' and asked him were we'd hired them from!!

The two cars in Easingwold Market Place that day.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve Jones - 30-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM