The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(17-10-2021, 02:45 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: When I take the car to shows here in France, I get the same question, even though the name Austin is plain to see on the radiator. Ah, une Aston Martin n'est-ce pas?

Oui, peu importe.

I've told this story many times but some years ago we were returning from a VSCC Sprint at Pembrey and stopped for a few nights at a Caravan Club site in Somerset. We had the Ulster on the trailer behind our motorhome. On the second day at the site a bloke arrived towing his very up market new caravan with his very up market new Mercedes with its electric roof etc. Walking past our pitch he looked at the Ulster, looked at the VSCC Speed Championship stickers on the side and burst out laughing. 'Speed Championship, this thing, bet it can't do more than 30 mph etc. etc. etc. Anyway, what is it?' 'Austin Ulster' I replied and proceded to ignore him.

The next day he returned. 'I owe you a big apology' he said. 'I looked up your car on Google last night and didn't realise that Aston Martin Ulsters like yours are worth so much. I saw one advertised at £300,000. Fantastic'. I didn't make him any wiser and for the remaining couple of days we were there, every time he walked past he would call across 'Fantastic car'!!

Steve

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve Jones - 17-10-2021, 05:08 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM