The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

.jpeg   5F3A3F76-1EB7-426A-A2B3-66852A33E684.jpeg (Size: 141.39 KB / Downloads: 515) Hi All

Autumn has definitely arrived. Took the Special down to Tesco at just gone 8 this morning and it was decidedly chilly, misting up the screens with condensation.  But this afternoon we did a 30 mile tour of the locale, stopping for a short walk and pics here. Glorious sunshine and apart from a big 4x4 bullying my tail all the way along the B4358 little traffic.

Cheers

Howard

PS Sorry as with others my photo seems not to materialise in the “preview post”. (iPad)
The hornet was so dozy by six o'clock that I picked it up with a pair of pliers and put it into the hedge.
Just testing Tony G's theory about images failing to post - this one's 1.02mb: (getting a bit old now, but new rear springs courtesy of Ian Dunford).

Hi Chris
Nice to see the new springs with taper leaves, esp for the 2nd one.
But as the square were presumably replacements just how far has the car been? My car has original at 130,000 miles but at least one intermediate leaf has been replaced over the ages.
I have a pair of 7 leaf springs which I assumed from a Big Seven but transpires not. Did the Rubies have heavier springs?
(21-09-2021, 08:21 PM)Bob Culver Wrote: Hi Chris
Nice to see the new springs with taper leaves, esp for the 2nd one.
But as the square were presumably replacements just how far has the car been? My car has original at 130,000 miles but at least one intermediate leaf has been replaced over the ages.
I have a pair of 7 leaf springs which I assumed from a Big Seven but transpires not. Did the Rubies have heavier springs?

Hi Bob, I must say they're a big improvement. The ride height wasn't too bad, but I found the bushes (very) loose in the spring eyes, and grooves worn in each leaf by the leaf above. Given that the axle was already out for a rebuild it seemed daft not to replace them now. No clue about mileage I'm afraid, I've only had the car since June - all I can say is it's well worn! 
I can remember as a student rummaging around the scrap yard for an old leaf spring which I cannibalised for odd leaves to replace my broken ones...happy to say at the opposite end of my career I can afford to buy a new pair!
        Trying to sort out this mess (again) !!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

that looks a big gap! what size pistons are they?
Just checked my post of the 15th (page 331 of this thread) and, Lo and Behold, all my pictures have miraculously appeared!

Excellent work by and thank you to whoever is our webmaster.
(21-09-2021, 09:30 PM)JonE Wrote: that looks a big gap! what size pistons are they?
Haven't posted the pic of the piece of broken ring yet !!!!! :-(
(21-09-2021, 09:58 PM)flywheel1935 Wrote:
(21-09-2021, 09:30 PM)JonE Wrote: that looks a big gap! what size pistons are they?
Haven't posted the pic of the piece of broken ring yet !!!!!  :-(

May I suggest checking availability of new ones before chucking those in the hedge