The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Back on 06-06-2021 I wrote about my charging woes. It was actually yesterday when I finally pulled the instrument panel off with a view to thoroughly checking the wiring instead of striking around with no particular purpose in mind. After disconnecting wires, checking with the multimeter, and reconnecting, I found that the connections to the warning light were a bit skew-wiff so I repositioned them and made sure that there were no short circuits - now to today. Started the old lass and, voila, the cut out pulled in as it should and the ammeter showed a charge exactly as the gentleman who worked over the dynamo said it should. I shall probably sleep better tonight. And next week I'll get a new bulb for the warning lamp.
In the replies to my previous post Bob Culver asked how you set the charge off the car. The answer is; you have a test bench that can run a dynamo or alternator etc at speeds which would be expected when mounted in the car, with its cutouts or regulating devices in the circuit. Bob was also spot on with the setting at 8 amps on the winter setting, lights off.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Peter Arnold - 04-09-2021, 05:45 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM