The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Having nothing pressing to do today, and the Seven looking a trifle travel-stained, I took the little car to the local hand carwash and had them clean the car to my specific direction, took it home and polished it with some very up-market wax polish that was given to me.

In case you are wondering why I didn't wash the car myself, I should mention that my water comes from a well and it actually dried up for part of the summer. Although the well is now working, water is still a precious commodity and great circumspection and economy is currently being practiced 'chez Stepney'.

The two Kurdish brothers who run the carwash have washed the car before, so know not to point the pressure washer wand directly at the paintwork, but, holding it aloft, allow the water to rain down on the car. Result: one clean car with its somewhat delicate 50 year old paintwork intact.

Final result (Taken for those interested with my Leica D-Lux 2):

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 01-09-2021, 06:36 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM