The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Peter, good luck with your attempt to squirt seal the block/ crankcase joint, I will say nothing, other than that Jamie sells a very good silicon gasket. 
Thanks for camshaft locating bolt thoughts, I will proceed when returning from a week’s hols. A whole week out of the workshop! What I have yet attempted is correctly lining up the hole in the bronze bush. Part of it is clearly visible, if I raid a nearby supply of knitting needles should I be able to wiggle it back into alignment? 
To show what a small world we happily live in, having gone on an international journey yesterday, into England, being in Shropshire I dropped by to Pete Martin, owners of various Sevens. After being plied with scones and jam by his dear lady wife, conversation turned to technical challenges. Talking about what to do with the locating bolt, I mentioned the suggestion on the forum by Alan Fairless. I was then taken to the workshop and shown the engine built by Alan for Pete’s trials special.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve kay - 25-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM