The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

What a treat to have a rally to attend! I'm so jealous...
Too hot here to go rallying, or anything else for that matter, although I did get the RP out a few days ago to let n°1 Grandson have a go at mastering a crash box. After about half an hour on the old factory car park we ventured out onto the road and he drove down the valley and back. Never having driven anything as old & archaic as the Austin he found it all very stressful. More practice needed methinks.
Braved the light drizzle and trundled down the A6 to Whatstandwell and the British Car Museum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I do like the photos of stacked stones. The way things are going here there will soon be no  houses  over 100 yeras old.
Love the shot in the High Street with the two Austins side by side taking up about the same space as a a BMW 5 series!
Yesterday I carried out a long overdue modification to the clutch cross shaft, putting a hex head bolt  on the end, to make adjustment of the release mechanism easier in a cramped and frequently filthy environment. Couldn't remove the taper pins no matter how hard I tried, so had to do the job with the shaft in situ.
Images show what was involved, and the end result reduces the setting time to a matter of a couple of minutes. Now all you need i a 1/4 BSF spanner to hold it in the right place-proper job! Smile
No, the gearbox isn't cracked (last image)-just a trick of the light

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What was wrong with using a right angled screwdriver in the slot? It seems far less trouble.
Alternatively I find you can poke a long screwdriver down the opening for the clutch release bearing oiler and hold the shaft levers forward while rotating the pedal to desired position.
Well, I think it's splendid, well done! 

Shame it won't work for the three speed box Angry