The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Had fun with a windscreen wiper motor of the pull-and-spin type - the one on the car was not working so I sourced three more from eBay and give them to the redoubtable Dave Mann to rebuild. Two came back working, together with a box of useful bits. But, what of the motor already on the car? I’d decided not to bother taking that off until I had something to replace it with, so, off it came to reveal, inside, an almost mint-condition unit - but with the pull-knob seized on its shaft. With the careful use of a slim, vintage Stanley blade saw, a cut was made around the inner face of the knob and then, using two screwdrivers as levers, carefully prised off. But, would it respond to power? It did, really well and so, as it’s original to the car, it was put back and the repaired ones stored away for the great-grandchildren to fit….

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Tony Griffiths - 01-08-2021, 05:27 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM