The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Your not the only one Nick, except its my daughter who has the plague, and I'm working from home. 

I hope to get in the garage at least a couple of evenings and get the cup engine back in one piece. What has slowed me down is that my sykes picavant valve lifter is too bloody big, and I cant lay my hands on an Austin one. 

There is of course one in the toolkit in the RP, but thats 10miles away!. 

There is no reasom of course that I do not sort out the head, reassemble and adjust the clutch and start contemplating magnetos, and learning how on earth you time one. 

I wonder if testing the mag ony daughter might get her out of bed?. It certainly used to liven my sister up when she was still stupid enough to hold a HT lead of an old truck mag dad had on the stall. One flick and she would jump about 3 foot in the air!.
Hi All

Took a certain Ken Rowberry out for drive in the special today.  At 84 he remembered the time in the late 50s when he had a 1927 special.  It was his first car and one that, he said, “taught” him to drive.  Whilst away doing National Service his mother had the car scrapped. Shock horror.  So 65 years later he wanted to recreate the feeling and have a ride in a similar age special. His son Nick got in touch with Peter Hales (the Association registrar) who put the word out and my car fitted the bill and was closest to him.

I think he enjoyed it even though his door flew open at one stage!

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   4602B3BA-D471-4729-BBA2-F58B81D037B0.jpeg (Size: 116.76 KB / Downloads: 523)
.jpeg   DE5080B0-26A8-48F7-A76B-17531445C9A0.jpeg (Size: 165.61 KB / Downloads: 521)
.jpeg   660B5BE0-C7E9-4EA5-9224-530852F686F1.jpeg (Size: 117.98 KB / Downloads: 521)
I can understand a door flying open on a broken-backed old banger but on your new (ish) special Howard? Hang your head in shame!!!
(14-07-2021, 09:23 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I can understand a door flying open on a broken-backed old banger but on your new (ish) special Howard? Hang your head in shame!!!

I can’t quite understand how it happened but I think he may have nudged the latch. I’ll make sure it’s locked next time….( unless it’s the wife in the car  Big Grin.). Only joking Liz honest!

Cheers

Howard

The forum serves a vital purpose in identifying suppliers to be cherished, and workshops to be trusted.  Having taken my Ruby radiator to H*refr*rd Radiators for repair, within scarcely more than a year it changed into being a colander. A recent snap of spraying rad on the forum and asking for recommendations sent me hastily to Richard at H&L Radiators in Ludlow. This resulted in a largely renewed radiator with correct details, at exactly the quoted price and, I hope you are sitting down when you read this, ready for collection on the date originally stated. Thanks to all who suggested H&L. (The rad was vertical when photographed, obviously it fears fame and is lying down.)
Hi Steve
Is there a thermostat hidden in there?
With modern youth that type of radiator not well suited to exposure.
Two intrepid Bristol Club members have been exploring the far east this week, well North Norfolk actually. Here we are outside the church at Great Walsingham yesterday.

.jpg   IMG-20210715-WA0002s.jpg (Size: 66.38 KB / Downloads: 343)

About 400 miles covered this week, cars running fine.
If your going anywhere near Aldeburgh would love to meet up for a coffee.
Joe 
29 chummy
Beemee cut out today, can you spot the problem?

The consequent very high volts hugely stress the coil and probably condenser. Although I have done it many times over the decades (and i can recall my father demonstrating when I was very young) operating with large spark gaps can be destructive.
(A Jowett club Javelin with a very, very  low mileage engine out of a boat, recently melted a  hole in a piston. The only evidence of possible cause was a carbon track between successive cyls on the distributor cap. We think a disconnected lead had caused early firing on an adjacent cylinder)