The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

What I did yesterday apart from trying to be a historian and car restorer, was to drive down to Abergavenny, park alongside a big Crossley and a very low Marlin, and make plans for Sunday's Shelsley outing. Returning home I was less than happy to notice that as well as the expected drops of oil, there was a trickle of water. Opening the bonnet revealed a big leak between the header and the core. Over many years I have used Hereford Radiators for obscurities such as a Sunbeam oil bath as well as car parts.  Whilst the same old chap seems to be in charge after they moved from the city centre to Foley Estate, their quality seems to have sadly deteriorated. This rad went to them about fourteen months ago, to leak so badly so soon is not good. Various people have told me to speak immediately to H&L Radiators in Ludlow, so unless there is a chorus of other advise I will ring them this morning. (No, the radiator wasn't squirting upwards, how to correct the picture defeats me. Old French motor cars adopt the correct posture, leaky bits of Ruby lie on their backs, perhaps due to being tired, if not yet emotional.)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve kay - 01-07-2021, 07:34 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM