The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
What a cracking ride our, so envious!
That's a lovely drive through the woods R.

But I found myself watching that cork for most of the time, it must be like shacking a champain bottle.

Enjoy, tony.
Looks like the road from Boat of Garten to Nethy Bridge through the old Caledonian Forest, a truly beautiful part of Scotland.
You are on the money Malcolm, I think it is my favourite road of all time. Not the most exciting or the most scenic, just my favourite. I feel very at home on it.

Tony, I don’t want to talk about the cork, comprende?!!
Hi All

We didn’t have the nice weather here and the scenery might not quite match the highlands. But my mate Martin Hacche called in so we had a quick drive around the lanes.  Martin took these videos.  I didn’t get out of second in the first link but managed to open up in the second. The car has only done just over 300 miles but I managed a cautious 50mph in the second link.

https://youtu.be/0ZcGuk3VbFs

https://youtu.be/E-8owHURSFg

Cheers

Howard
Well done Howard.  You seem to be catching the modern up ahead of you in the 2nd video.  Good going.
Graham Barker.
Yesterday I took the plate off the floor and removed the plate over the flywheel to invesigate a bit of a rumble which went when I pushed the clutch down.
First thought was it could be a loose flywheel.

At 6 pm I decided to take the engine out for a look.
The 65 engine has to be parted from the gearbox and lifted up level and brought forward until the gearbox studs will scrape past the bulkhead whilst lifting it over the track rod still keeping it level ! by 8 pm it was on the black and decker workmate with the clutch off, flywheel on tight but I was able to lift flywheel up and down with a tyre lever enough to hear a clonk.
It is the fastest that I have ever got the engine out I used a trolley jack and a block of timber under the sump to lift it and wheel it forward until I could get it onto the front crossmember.

Diagnosis so far is clapped out rear main bearing. ( It was running up to 7000 + rpm )

Now to decide whether to put it back in and ignore it for a while or do a strip down and replace the bearing.

I will be building a Hadley Cranked Nippy engine up as soon as I have the crankcase repaired, the 9E crankcase will be going under the Laser in a couple of weeks or so.

My car will not be going to Beaulieu this weekend.
Personally I would replace it, now you have got to that stage it's a pretty straight forward job to do the rear main isn't it.
Black Art Enthusiast
I took the Cup for fish and chips and then to the beach today, snow on top, still!

Just been for a 45 mile round trip this evening. Heading north on the B4330 we caught up with a 30ton+ lorry which touched both sides of the road most of the time. After ten minutes of mostly second gear driving we pulled into a picnic spot for a break of a view of the back of a lorry.

The lorry was never seen again!
We carried on to Porth Gain for a look at the harbour and it’s ancient brickwork structure for loading ships with stone from the local quarry.

From there we headed to Solva harbour for our last photo.    
I had used one gallon for 45 miles which I was very pleased with and a maximum speed of 48.1mph with an average of 25.9mph, according to my sat nav.

Roger