The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Over the last couple of days, we set out to climb our local mountain in the RN. Having cleaned the plugs and points, adjusted the brakes so that they worked (as best as any 7 could expect), we were ready. Its a 278 mile round trip and the odometer had just flipped over with a start reading of 0013 (ominous I thought). All went exceedingly well and the overnight stop was in a wood cabin 20 feet up in a beech tree on the side of hill outside Aurilac. Early day 2, nice and cool and about a 20 mile easy slow climb in top warmed her little heart up for the 6 mile grind in 2nd gear up sections of 15% gradient to climb Puy Mary 1589 meters in the Volcans region of the Cantal region of SW France. Couple of nasty hairpin bends called for 1st gear and even at one stage near the peak managed a few hundred yards in top!  fantastic views and superb weather. The trip down - quite hairy using engine braking as much as possible and apart from one rear brake seizing on after a fuel stop, no problems to report.

Look on the bright side Bruce, plenty of logs for the stove next year! Perhaps AXA will pay you to chop them up??
Nice one Bob. That's not a bad hill. You need to get over this way and get up and over the "Bonnette". To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, " that ain't a hill, THIS is a hill! (2809 metres). Doing yours twice doesn't count. ?
Summer drive out in the Highlands!!

Whereabouts in the Highlands, Ruairidh? We left Antlaharra mid week where the weather was glorious. Now at Yellowcraig on our way home.

Steve
Wow! That's really getting a move on!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There appears to be a theme with speedos and me just now Tony!

And not the kind used in swimming pools... Big Grin
Steve, it was 21c in Glasgow this morning, Grantown was rather wet however!
(25-06-2021, 08:34 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: There appears to be a theme with speedos and me just now Tony!

And not the kind used in swimming pools...  Big Grin

Distracted today wiring in an indicator buzzer (surprising how one misses the sound, by now we must be hard-wired to expect it): https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/...cab-buzzer.

For greater realism, you now have blurred scenery and a more-than-healthy charge from the dynamo....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When i was a small boy playmates were very interested in the RP speedo calibrated to 80 mph! Although my father regularly drove long distances at 45 mph, then a generous cruising speed,  he professed to only once going to 50. (and the crank was still intact at 110,000) Incidentally the car of the moment amongst schoolboys was the new"coming or going" Studebaker. Many kids boasted to have an uncle with one.The flashest car in town was a dollar grin Buick 8 run by the local canning mogul Wattie.
Checking the half-shaft nuts.