The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

Today at the Mark Woodward car event at Ripon. 
A good total attendance with cars of all ages. 
Only 18 pre-war cars. Only 3 pre-war Austins.
Love your useful features, Rocket launching tubes ideal for summer traffic holdups.
Last Sunday we were invited 

over to the Chateau de la Fare, as seen in the Chateau DIY series. The TV people were filming the topping out party to celebrate Phil's completion of his turret and he asked me to bring the Austin for some period bling. It will appear on a later edition.

See www.chateaudelafare.com

Hi All

Just got back from the South Wales A7 Rally at Bryngarw.  We were blessed with superb weather and an exceptional turn out.

Can’t help posting a photo of the oldest car attending a 1903 De Dion Bouton.  Just think only 10 years later our Seven was in production. What leaps of technology!

We were taught a lesson by a raid from Cornwall and Somerset members stealing two of our trophies for a beautiful box and equally well fettled Pearl. Very well deserved.

But the highlight was the bbq. Even the midges stayed away till late.

Cheers

Howard

PS Yours truly won a cup for the Brookfields simply because it was the only entrant in the category.  Come on Special builders give me some competition  Smile.

Attached Files
.jpeg   95824700-CDEC-480A-B7F1-056B48E42111.jpeg (Size: 192.33 KB / Downloads: 342)
.jpeg   910DA7A6-A3AF-4FFA-BB8C-51F237A8B1C1.jpeg (Size: 163.83 KB / Downloads: 344)
.jpeg   EC3ECCCE-6E91-4CE1-B192-AD5F3B2D4621.jpeg (Size: 174.94 KB / Downloads: 342)
I have just clocked up 1000miles since my recent rebuild, so did an oil change and a grease round before venturing out today.
the destination was the Preceli Hills and the Gwyn Valley where there is a particular pair of hair pin bends which I looked on as a challenge, for the car and me. All went well for about 5 miles until we hit a long gentle climb, then lots of misfiring and no power although the engine would still tick over ok.
A spare condenser was found under the drivers seat and fitted  to great effect so we continued on to the top of the "Mountain" to check the all round views.
On to the Gwyn valley an its 20% climb which went well in second gear, at the first turn, a left hander, I was met by a large van taking up most of the road, luckily an A7 is narrow enough to squeeze past on the worst part of the turn which called for a rapid change to first gear. The rest of the climb was easier than the first turn.
I returned home having done 60 miles, mostly on single track lanes so petrol consumption was not good at about 35mpg.
I record my travels but some videos are a bit long, the best of this one is from 60secs onward for a minute or so.
https://youtu.be/XZxZpD2Y6hA

Roger
Hi Roger,
Tried to open your video on Youtube, but it said that it was private and required a sign-in.
Graham Barker
Sorry Graham will try o fix it

Roger
Spent yesterday flatting our lovely blue paint job. Got fed up half way through and decided to give the engine a run since its been sat idle for nearly 2 years.

Given the previous compressions before were around 65psi on all cylinders, after getting the engine hot i was very chuffed to see 94, 95, 95, 97.

The only concern was that after stopping the engine, the throat of the Zenith Side-draught was dripping fuel straight onto the exhaust! What a great design! I was playing with the mixture screw and had no choke but i think the engine was idling a bit rich most of the time. The throat was dry when the engine was running also. Do we have a problem?

Thankfully the exhaust wasn't at its 280C flashpoint, but what do people use to protect from this?
I think you are confusing flash point (temp at which an ignitable concentration of vapour occurs) and auto-ignition temperature (at which fuel will ignite without presence of a spark). Either way I suggest carrying a fire extinguisher in the car! And curing the leak if you can...
A 33 saloon should have splash plates fitted between the inner wings and the chassis. The nearside one is shaped with a trough that will direct any fuel drips rearwards and away from the hot exhaust. The 26VA is prone to dripping, usually caused by the needle valve not shutting off the fuel supply...