The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I have just clocked up 1000miles since my recent rebuild, so did an oil change and a grease round before venturing out today.
the destination was the Preceli Hills and the Gwyn Valley where there is a particular pair of hair pin bends which I looked on as a challenge, for the car and me. All went well for about 5 miles until we hit a long gentle climb, then lots of misfiring and no power although the engine would still tick over ok.
A spare condenser was found under the drivers seat and fitted  to great effect so we continued on to the top of the "Mountain" to check the all round views.
On to the Gwyn valley an its 20% climb which went well in second gear, at the first turn, a left hander, I was met by a large van taking up most of the road, luckily an A7 is narrow enough to squeeze past on the worst part of the turn which called for a rapid change to first gear. The rest of the climb was easier than the first turn.
I returned home having done 60 miles, mostly on single track lanes so petrol consumption was not good at about 35mpg.
I record my travels but some videos are a bit long, the best of this one is from 60secs onward for a minute or so.
https://youtu.be/XZxZpD2Y6hA

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Roger - 13-06-2021, 09:25 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM