The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I must admit, i'm a little hesitant at posting these here for risk of upsetting any purists (there were certainly some in the Electric seven thread the other day!)

My father and I visited the Beaulieu annual show in '18 and '19 and one thing we loved is that everyone embraced a bit of individuality.  Not many concourse models to be seen; but instead used and abused and very much regularly enjoyed with the paintwork to show for it.  It was hard to find any truly original models, all fettled in their own way.  

Our 1933 Box Saloon was Royal Blue but neither of us were that keen on such a dark colour.  It was also a real pain to find, having ordered some and ended up getting BMC's 'Blue Royale' instead which is a very dark blue/green.  We also much preferred the look of the fully painted body.  So in the end we scratched our heads and kept true to the blue, but went a few shades lighter with a BMC Triumph Tahiti Blue.  

This was my first attempt at spraying a car with an air gun and im chuffed to bits with the finish.  Watching all those YouTube videos paid off i think! Would love to hear peoples thoughts, positive or negative.  Ill post some more when the doors/bonnet are re-fitted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Eddamoo - 03-06-2021, 08:24 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM