The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

Today's research project was to find out whether having another engine with four more cylinders in the back of a 2CV would make it go any faster. It doesn't.
What you really need is a 2nd 2CV engine.
Jim
Didn’t they make twin engine ones for some Sahara expedition??
Yes, the 2CV Sahara 4x4. Cut-away rear wings and the spare wheel mounted on the bonnet, displaced by the 2nd engine. I think they have 2 ignition switches, 2 starters etc. Petrol tank under the drivers seat with filler through the door and another air intake in the boot lid for the 2nd engine.
https://silodrome.com/citroen-2cv-4x4-sahara/
Jim
Cuckoo comme une boite de grenouilles !!
Bien dit!!
On behalf of grand-daughter Amelie's school project, we took Flat Stanley to Stonehenge.

Hi All

Just nipped down to town to pick up the proof copy of YSaith (The SWA7 club magazine, “The Seven” in Welsh).  Collected an admirer outside the print shop....

“Lovely....does it have an electric starter?”

“Yep, just 6 volts but it wizzes it around quite well”

Pushes starter to be accompanied by horrendous grating noises.

“Oh it will easily start on the handle”

Several goes later I remembered it was still on full advance...

Embarrassment!!

Back home I found the starter housing loose, the 5/16 Whit bolts having pulled through the casting. Luckily I managed to Helicoil them in-situ.

Cheers

Howard
"Pride cometh before damnation and a haughty spirit before a fall" ;-)
I think we've all been there Howard, I know I have!
I remember finishing work one evening and finding a gentleman admiring my motor cycle and we chatted for about ten minutes...he waited for me to start it up, so he could hear the motor, he smiled, I pulled down my goggles, pulled on the clutch, snicked it into gear and with a little flourish of the throttle pulled away and before I new it I was on the floor with the bike on top of me...should have remembered to take the lock off the front wheel...