The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
120 miles of sunshine today, through Stirlingshire and Perthshire - a few friends joined us along the way, loving being out and about again.

Is that a champagne cork in the radiator Ruairidh?

I’ve been re-wiring today, electrickery is not my forte, so I’m having to test and trace one wire at a time!

Hi All

Didn’t manage that far... But did around 20 miles in the special and touched 50mph on a slight uphill incline.  Smile. Still running it in  Huh .

Saw very few other cars out and about, a lovely Citroen Light 15, a 60s Daimler and a couple of MGBs.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   64024FD6-EAB1-42E7-B288-6467E31A7F14.jpeg (Size: 152.38 KB / Downloads: 234)
(25-04-2021, 06:01 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: Is that a champagne cork in the radiator Ruairidh?

It is, this happened to my (very expensive) fully “rebuilt” radiator yesterday!!

This car continues to fight me, I won’t let it break me however!

It is quite a job to remove the Cup radiator so the cork may have to remain for some time yet!
Good man, getting out there and driving it!
hi R,

good to see you got the car out.

i did think about it, BUT.

i should be coming up to collect the blown ulster on thursday, so i spent the weekend on the ulster rep. hopefully itll be finished by next weekend,  so it can go up for sale and make room for the blown car.

tony
Young Leon having gone to Llangollen to see some friends today, I was looking forward to a nice quiet day. As it happened, an old friend from Oswestry turned up on his Davidson. Being too old to brave the back of this mighty machine, I took him for a rerun of the trundle Leon and I took in the Seven last Sunday. I only saw one classic car, a PA MG Midget motoring strongly in the direction of Dolgellau as we came the other way on the A494 at Bontnewydd. I would have expected more, given this was ‘Drive It Day’. Plenty of motorcycles though, and several modified cars overtaking everything in sight. Whooshing noises from dump valves and flames spitting from exhausts on the overrun do not impress me! Or am I just getting old?
Bloody Drive it Day!! I've never got involved as it's not my thing but today I needed to drive the Ulster to give it a run out before its first event of the year next weekend at VSCC Curborough.

Torque tube anchor came progressively more and more loose with a 'bang' each time I hit the throttle, the 'new' throttle link rod  still not set right despite much effort and adjustment in the garage and, biggest upset of all, when I got back, the very nice and very original oil filler cap had departed at some point and is now in a gutter somewhere. Torque tube anchor fixed, throttle link rod re-set (again!!) and oil cap replaced with a modern spare so Curborough here we come but I'll take a while to get over loosing the oil cap Sad Sad

Steve
Did a few miles before taking the manifold off the Woodie to sort out a bad exhaust blow. Swapped the knobbly 3.75 x 19s for 4.00x15s to see what it looked like, and handle (better - but looks like a matchbox car). On a standard 2SYN box, is the change enough to give it Nippy type ratio? I realise the wheel change works on the final 1:1 too, but it must close things up a bit?
Only some very brief Austin Driving for me. But I did buy it!