The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
The latest addition to the Stepney collection of motor vehicles, a Ford Fiesta managed to blot its copybook rather badly during the first week of ownership - in fact the very day that I insured and taxed it on the 1st March! As the Polo is off the road for some much needed TLC and the Fiesta was to be the temporary 'daily driver', for the last three weeks, it has been the Seven that has come to the rescue.

During this month, the little car has covered over 700 trouble-free miles, including a trip up to Caernarvon, running over to Llangynog and back to look after the horses most days and all the general running about that is necessary to life in the Welsh hinterland. It's final trip as a workhorse was to nip (if that is the right word when applied to an Austin Seven) over to Deeside with a friend who had kindly agreed to ferry the Fiesta back from the Ford expert who has sorted the unfathomable mysteries of it's electronic engine management that had caused it to fail in the first place. despite the fact that my friend is quite a big lad (he admits to being 17 stone, but I suspect heavier) and completely filled the front passenger seat of the car, the Seven bowled along quite well averaging slightly more that 30 mph over the whole journey from Bala and back.

Couple of photos whilst on it's travels:-

.jpg   S013I001.JPG (Size: 120.54 KB / Downloads: 271)

The Seven at Cletwr, on the road between Llangynog and Bala

.jpg   S013I002.JPG (Size: 114.44 KB / Downloads: 272)

Taken this morning at the top of the lake, which was millpond smooth.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 22-03-2021, 09:31 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM