The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Finally finished the head and rebuilding the block for my three-bearing engine today; finished cleaning the crancase as well. The crankshaft was crack-tested last week and found to be sound. All systems go to start on the bottom end.

Jamie.
Victoria is slowly coming out of lockdown and we "Regionals" have been let off the leash before the Melburnians so a 3 day trip of 4 local Austin 7's to a very depopulated Wilsons Promontory, covered only about 300 miles over that time so a very relaxed trip. Victoria is basically a ghost town at the moment, we were the only occupants of our Motel.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark
Hi Jamie
I cannot remember who contributed but a year or so ago there was an exhaustive coverage of 3 bearing centre bearing alignment which would be wroth locating if you are not familiar with it all. Seems the basis of success with the engines.
(01-11-2020, 11:19 AM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: Victoria is slowly coming out of lockdown and we "Regionals" have been let off the leash before the Melburnians so a 3 day trip of 4 local Austin 7's to a very depopulated Wilsons Promontory, covered only about 300 miles over that time so a very relaxed trip. Victoria is basically a ghost town at the moment, we were the only occupants of our Motel.
What a great picture!  Life was better when cars were painted in different colours (rather than the endless shades of silver in todays carparks)
Hi Mark

Thanks for this.  It really gives us hope that sometime we might also get out in our cars! (and also have a lovely sunny day)

Cheers

Howard
(01-11-2020, 06:39 PM)Bob Culver Wrote: Hi Jamie
I cannot remember who contributed but a year or so ago there was an exhaustive coverage of 3 bearing centre bearing alignment which would be wroth locating if you are not familiar with it all. Seems the basis of success with the engines.

Thank you, Bob. I shall have a search.
Regards,

Jamie.
Jamie that is possibly the article by dave armstrong on the Speedex site. Now hosted by the Austin 7 clubs association.
I looked up their links and was unable to unearth the technical article so perhaps someone here can provide the link. 
I'm sure to have a hard copy otherwise
(02-11-2020, 05:56 AM)squeak Wrote: Jamie that is possibly the article by dave armstrong on the Speedex site. Now hosted by the Austin 7 clubs association.
I looked up their links and was unable to unearth the technical article so perhaps someone here can provide the link. 
I'm sure to have a hard copy otherwise

That is kind of you, Squeak, but I have a copy of the article somewhere. Thank you fo rthe reminder, though, as I should probably have forgotten about it.

Regards,

Jamie.
(01-11-2020, 08:33 PM)sparkeysprite Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 11:19 AM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: Victoria is slowly coming out of lockdown and we "Regionals" have been let off the leash before the Melburnians so a 3 day trip of 4 local Austin 7's to a very depopulated Wilsons Promontory, covered only about 300 miles over that time so a very relaxed trip. Victoria is basically a ghost town at the moment, we were the only occupants of our Motel.
What a great picture!  Life was better when cars were painted in different colours (rather than the endless shades of silver in todays carparks)

Yes particularly German cars seem only to come in monochrome.
Cheers

Mark
Finished assembling the crankcase of spare engine number 2, except for big end shells and bolts. Hoping Santa might read this and supply the necessary parts post Lockdown 2. The thread on the crankshaft need to be chased out before the flywheel retaining nut could be fitted - Arnetts of Doncaster to the rescue again - have you seen the price of a die? A bit much for single use.